Tips From the Salon
by Dawn Shannon
- Stress Free Wedding Hair -
Having done "Wedding Hair" throughout my entire 18 year professional career, I have found a few key "tips" that will make anyone's special day a bit more stress free - well, as regards getting their hair just right!
1. Wash hair night before (if receiving an up-do.) Fresh, clean hair is harder to keep up and the up-do doesn't turn out as good.
2. If your hair does get a little bit oily, there is a product from Kevin Murphy that can be used called "Fresh Hair" which will literally "refresh" your hair and absorb excess oils, without drying out your hair.
3. Before getting your up-do, refrain from adding any smoothing products, straighteners or flat ironing, as this makes it harder to style the hair. (In fact, don't put any products in your hair at all - your stylist will take care of all that for you!)
4. If you are not getting an up-do but are receiving a shampoo/blow dry, also do not wash hair that day as your stylist will want to use the precise shampoo and conditioner specifically formulated for fabulous
looking "blow dry" hair styles.
5. Wear a button up shirt! This is so you don't mess up hair and makeup while changing.
6. It is always a good idea to organize with family and attendants who will be paying for Salon and Spa services before you arrive. This helps eliminate any uncomfortable feelings about payment when it's time to leave the Salon and head to the Wedding. Decide before you arrive if the bride, her family or each individual in attendance will be paying for their own services.
7. Put together pictures from magazines (or other publications) so you can more easily communicate with your stylist exactly what look you are going for. If you see a picture and like something about it - even if only one part of the look, not the whole thing - bring the picture and point out the part(s) you like about it.
8. I always recommended that Brides have a trial hair day, a week or two in advance, so you and your stylist can really get totally on the same page, try a few different things in a relaxed, non-rushed atmosphere, and really nail down exactly what you are going to do with your hair for the wedding ... leaving you a bit more stress-free on
your big day!
Celebrity Hair Stylist Dawn Shannon is owner of Intuition Salon and Spa
at 16 N. Ft. Harrison Ave, Clearwater, FL 33755 which specializes in Natural and Organic
Products and Services.